Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions...

Ask anyone who knows me and they'll tell you that I am in love with paint.  A true full-blown love affair.  I often have a paint deck in my bag.  I could definitely win a contest with the contents of my bag (you know the "Let's Make a Deal" who has a ________ with them at the moment kind of contest).

However, back to paint and my other problem of late.  I'm indecisive.  Extremely indecisive actually.  In the summer, I get the "project itch".  Nothing soothes it like a good craft.  However, this year the itch is especially bad.  I credit it to my non-preggo, non-married summer of freedom.  My dear boyfriend has graciously offered his house to sooth my itch.  I'm painting his kitchen cabinets.  I know, it's a huge undertaking--he reminds me oh-so-kindly often.  However, I will persevere.

I'm thinking a nice BM Dove White on the upper cabinets (per the recommendation of Erika of Urban Grace).  The bottoms is where things start to get tricky.  I want the perfect shade of gray-green.  It's a tough one.  Too cold, too poopy, too ugly.  I'm not giving up.  Currently I'm still thinking.

These are ever-present in the back of my mind.

perfection found on myhomeideas
(my new favorite website by the way)

a bit gray but oh so lovely (newest lonny)

This is exactly what I'm thinking--only a little darker 
Anne Turner Carroll's kitchen re-do via Urban Grace

And the post that got my brain going this morning...
A FABULOUS kitchen renovation by nest egg

Maybe you'll see something similar on this blog shortly.

Cross your fingers and wish me luck!  Don't worry--I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment